October 01, 2012

messes come and messes go

Have I said enough about how helpful and delightful The Big Boy can be? Because he really, really is- no sarcasm here! He's a great guy to have around! 

Last week he came out of the bathroom with a wrinkled nose. "MOOOOMMM! It really stinks in there from meeee!!"

I suggested he take the *full* can of febreze and spray some to freshen things up. He joyfully took the can and bounded off toward the hallway.

It wasn't terribly long after that when I noticed  a nice strong odor coming from that direction. When I went to investigate, he was still spraying. The floor looked like he had just finished a bath, with a nice thick layer of liquid covering every tile. 

He handed me the *nearly empty* can and said, "Smells GOOD, Mom!!"

How could I argue???


That reminded me of the day that The Middle Boy (ions ago when we lived in the Starter House), decided he wanted waffles for breakfast. He was probably two at the time. I walked in the kitchen to a floor full of bisquick. And a really adorable two year old trying to 'mop' it up as fast as he could with the swiffer (well, it was one of those rolling, sticky things- do you remember those?) Anyway, he was doing his very best to clean that mess up! I just lauuughed. And grabbed the vacuum cleaner. I never found out anymore of how that happened...



And stories about messes always remind me of one more story..... again this took place in the Starter House so The Boys were really young. They had big wheel type tricycles. They were just riding them all over. And helping Dad wash the car. My brother came over and took it upon himself to spray The Boys with the hose. Welll..... The Oldest was in the driveway, between the concrete, where there was dirt.... and when the spray hit, there was an explosion of brown that instantly turned him very, very muddy!!!! He was so upset. He was mud from head to toe and just crying with the depth of sorrow.


With kids come messes, that's for sure. What's the worst mess your kids have made? Mine have been pretty mild.....

No comments: